The OMNI sound system has 50 speakers, driven by 8 amplifiers that produce over 24,000 watts of sound through 6 channels and a giant sub-bass stack to give the audience that “you are there” feeling.
Facilities and Exhibit Technician Assistant, part time
Under the supervision of the Exhibit Floor Manager, the Facilities and Exhibit Technician Assistant will showcase General Maintenance experience and will assist both the Facility Maintenance and Exhibit Services/Maintenance departments. Some experience needed include but not limited to building exhibit cases, procures materials, packs and ships components, works with museum artifacts for display, and fabricates graphic elements of museum exhibitions.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Possess knowledge of general carpentry;
• General mechanical;
• General electrical;
• General landscaping;
• General plumbing/irrigation with the ability to inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions.
• Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tolls and power tools, and reassemble equipment
• Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate – including landscaping
• Attention to detail, a friendly professional demeanor, ability to multi-task, plus the ability to take direction or work individually.
• Work as part of a team with immediate managers and exhibit technicians to meet production deadlines
• Organize, prioritize, and safely perform tasks as described by Management
• Work with minimal direct supervision.
• Possess a willingness to work flexible hours to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
• High school or GED equivalent
• Processes some cabinet making skills.
• Ability to use power tools safely and skillfully.
• Knowledge of painting techniques, laminate and woodworking practices. Metal working skills a plus
• Experience in a fabrication shop, art studio, or equivalent is important.